Pat McGrath Dream Lover MatteTrance LipstickPat McGrath Dream Lover MatteTrance Lipstick ($ 38.00 for 0.14 oz.) Is a muted, dusty pink coral with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color coverage in a single coat, but the product separated along my deeper lip lines and settled in them over time, making it a more maintenance-intensive lip color.
The texture was smooth, moderately dense, and creamy with a rather velvety slip as it didn’t feel overly wet / pliable. It stayed good for four and a half hours and didn’t feel drying over time.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Ciate Sydney (LE, $ 19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Jaclyn Cosmetics Sofia (DC, $ 18.00) is darker and warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Soccer Mom (P, $ 12.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Walk This Way (P, $ 26.00) is darker, cooler, less shiny (90% similar).
- Sephora Flamingo (P, $ 14.00) is darker, less shiny (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Blushing Dream (LE, $ 37.00) is darker, cooler, and shinier (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Marisa (LE, $ 36.00) is cooler and shinier (85% similar).
- ColourPop Mrs. (LE, $ 7.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Givenchy Nude Androgynous (P, $ 37.00) is darker and warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Beautiful Stranger (P, $ 38.00) is darker (85% similar).
$ 38.00 / 0.14 oz. – – $ 271.43 per ounce
The formula is said to be “richly pigmented” with “maximum hydration” and “opulent matt haze”. The consistency was smooth, velvety, and dense without being too firm to slide on in one fell swoop (I found the original shades to be a bit firmer compared to newer shades). They had an almost opaque to opaque cover in one layer and most of them were buildable.
They had a subtle sheen – more of a satin-to-cream finish – that wore off to a natural matte finish within an hour or two of wearing. The formula lasted between four and eight hours on me, and while most of them didn’t dry, they weren’t “superbly” moisturizing either. However, they are comfortable to wear over a longer period of time and can be reapplied easily. There was no noticeable smell or taste in the formula.[ly”hydratingeitherTheyarehowevercomfortabletowearoveralongerperiodoftimeandreapplywellTherewasnodiscerniblescentortastetotheformula[ly”hydratingeitherTheyarehowevercomfortabletowearoveralongerperiodoftimeandreapplywellTherewasnodiscerniblescentortastetotheformula
Browse all of our Pat McGrath MatteTrance lipstick samples.
We hope you can support Temptalia by shopping through our links below. Many Thanks! No comments. Join the convo!
Do you love our content? Support us by sharing it!
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you will enjoy and love! We encourage you to sign up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking your own products, viewing pre-existing dupes, and much more.
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare any two
Curious how two colors are compared? Enter the colors below to get side-by-side swatches instantly!