The texture felt soft, more like a traditional cream, but light and thin. When I started applying and working it on my cheeks, it felt more like a cream powder with a little sag and movement, but it looked and felt a bit more like powder red. It was applied evenly to bare skin and faded out with ease. It did the same about the foundation as it didn’t raise the base products. This hue stayed on well for eight and a half hours before the visibylle faded.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Essence Befitting (P, $ 2.99) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Tumble 4 Ya (P, $ 7.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Rose Cliff # 2 (PiP,) is more shimmery and lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Exotic Flora (above) (LE,) is shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Court of Miracles (LE, $ 8.00) is shimmery, brighter, and cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Decked Out (LE, $ 29.00) is lighter and cooler (85% similar).
- Hourglass Pure Effect (LE, $ 40.00) is shimmery and cooler (85% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Evanescent (130) (LE, $ 45.00) is shimmery, lighter, and cooler (85% similar).
- ILIA At Last (P, $ 34.00) is lighter and cooler (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lissome (below) (LE,) is shimmery and cooler (85% similar).
$ 16.00 / 0.23 oz. – – $ 69.57 per ounce
The formula is said to have a “high payout” with a “satin matte” finish that has a “natural flush”. They were very pigmented but mixable and easy to control so you could apply less and get a sharper, more buildable cover if that was preferred. The consistency was light, thin, and had moderate slip, but turned more powdery – the “satin mat” came through – when it was applied to my skin and faded out.
It did not have severe dehydration, so that it remained easily mobile when it dehydrated; it wasn’t sticky or particularly damp, so it appeared to match the “satin matte” finish described (but it wasn’t so matte that it was dry or looked flat). They applied well to bare skin, as well as liquid foundation and solid foundation. They lasted between eight and eight and a half hours with me.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush swatches.
C12-15-alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl carbonate, dicaprylyl carbonate, mica, synthetic wax, kaolin, isohexadecane, polyglyceryl-2-triisostearate, di-C20-40-alkyldimer-dilinoleate, boron nitride, C18-38-alkylhydroxystlacetystylacetado-tyl -), Oil, lecithin, polyhydroxystearic acid, ethylhexyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, isostearic acid, polyglyceryl-3-polyricinoleate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyl palmitate, sorbitan oleate, sorbitanylate. May contain [+/-]: Titanium dioxide (Ci 77891), iron oxide (Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are available from the brand (or distributor) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, for the list of ingredients that applies to the product you purchased or the brand or retailer website for the most up-to-date list of ingredients.