Lisa Eldridge Venetian Red invigorating blush ($ 34.00 for 0.5 oz.) Is a deeper, more muted red with warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It let the natural finish of my skin through but wasn’t dewy.
It had more buildable coverage; I used a very small amount per brand and it made a semi-transparent cover and once it was blended it was transparent as the formula had a thinner, more spreadable consistency that wanted to be transparent and spread out. I would recommend starting this way and then tapping on more product in the places you want. The formula worked well on both bare skin and foundation because it didn’t tend to move. It lasted well for eight hours before it visibly faded on my skin.
I asked a few readers if there were any issues squeezing the product out of the tubes and I had no issues with most of them, but Pink Poetry was difficult (and didn’t improve) to begin with.
CONTINUE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Patrick Ta Oh She’s Different (Powder) (PiP,) is shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LYS Beauty Empower (P, $ 16.00) is more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Glossier Storm (P, $ 18.00) is lighter and warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (P, $ 30.00) is shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Merit Mood (P, $ 28.00) is brighter, shinier (90% similar).
- Milani Merlot Moment (P, $ 8.99) is lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (PiP, $ 30.00) is shimmery (85% similar).
- ColourPop Psst (P, $ 7.00) is lighter, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Lisa Eldridge Dante’s Dream (P, $ 34.00) is lighter, warmer, and less shiny (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d’Ambre (Blush) (LE, $ 60.00) is shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$ 34.00 / 0.5 oz. – $ 68.00 per ounce
The formula is said to be buildable, although the brand advises using the “smallest dot” to create a “translucent ‘flush inside’ effect”. It can be applied and blended with fingertips or a foundation brush. The finish is described as “natural, skin-like” that is not “too dewy or too dull”.
From the colors tested so far, the formula can be built up from semi-transparent to largely opaque, and it was easy to apply more if necessary. The needle-shaped applicator allowed a lot of control, so that you could approach the “smallest” amount as recommended.
The texture was light, moderately emollient, and dried to a natural to soft matte finish; one shade appeared semi-matt (if not flat / dry) on my skin and the other was softer in the tube and therefore a little more watery on my skin. Apply the product evenly with the fingertip on bare skin or over the foundation and blend with little force. They tended to stand out for what was marketing, so they were more foolproof to work with.
It was a more transfer resistant formula. The blush lasted between eight and nine hours on me before it showed any signs of fading.
Browse all of our Lisa Eldridge Enlivening Blush swatches.
We hope you would like to support Temptalia by shopping from our links below. Many Thanks! A comment. Join the convo!
Do you love our content? Support us by sharing it!