ILIA Stella from Starlight Illuminator ($ 34.00 for 0.15 oz.) Is a light to medium-sized gold with strong, warm undertones and a pearlescent sheen. It had a semitransparent pigmentation which, if desired, built up to a medium coverage. The whole ethos of the brand seemed to revolve around softness, shine, wash, etc. Presumably, the cover was designed to be comparable to the multi-sticks (which have the same feel and packaging).
The texture was smooth and firm, which started to get moderately pliable when it came in contact with the warmth of my skin – whether it was fingertips or cheeks – and with good product dispersion, it slid easily and did not tend to lift base products. It stayed good for seven and a half hours before visibly fading.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Anastasia Perla (P, $ 25.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Fine Line (PiP, $ 8.00) is shimmery and warmer (95% similar).
- Salt New York Beige (P, $ 16.00) has a stronger sheen (95% similar).
- Ciate Celestial (P, $ 32.00) is shimmery and warmer (95% similar).
- Persona Zuma (P, $ 24.00) is more shimmery, darker, and warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Champagne Flash (P, $ 42.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Twitch (P, $ 18.00) is shimmery, darker, and warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Gold Leash (LE, $ 30.00) is shimmery and warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (LE, $ 42.00) is more shimmery and warmer (90% similar).
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (PiP, $ 24.00) is shimmery, lighter, and warmer (90% similar).
$ 34.00 / 0.15 oz. – – $ 226.67 per ounce
The formula should have “no sparkle, no glitter” and only result in a “rope”[y]”Finish. The consistency was smooth, dense, and balsamic, which had to be warmed up lightly with your fingertips or pressed against your cheek. The finish was damp without being overly sticky, but it never completely dried out, so those in need More resistant to transmission will want to look elsewhere.
It was moderately pliable with a gel-cream feel, so it spread well on bare skin and didn’t tend to lift base products. It was easy to apply and diffuse to achieve a “soft color wash” as described. They were a bit buildable to medium size if requested, but sharper overall, which seemed in line with the brand’s range of products (they weren’t clear here, but this formula looks, feels, and works like the multi-sticks that make it should be simple). The product wore between seven and eight hours before visibly fading.
Search all of our ILIA Illuminator swatches.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil *, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil *, Theobroma Cocoa (Cocoa) Seed Butter *, Beeswax (Cera Alba) *, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil *, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter ) *, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) peel wax, Zea Mays (corn) starch *, Persea Gratissima (avocado) oil, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide (CI77499, CI77492, CI77491), red 7 CI15850, red 28 CI45410, yellow 5 CI19140. * Certified organic ingredients. Ingrédients Certifiés Biologiques. This product is certified gluten-free.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are available from the brand (or distributor) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, on the ingredients list for the product you are purchasing or on the brand or retailer’s website for the most current ingredient list.