ColourPop Take the Cake Pressed Powder Blush ($ 8.00 for 0.13 oz.) Is a lighter, medium pink with subtle, warm undertones paired with a mostly matte finish (there was a faint gold sheen that didn’t really show up after application). The texture was soft, a little powdery, and on the thinner side, so it tended to be more clingy – rather than fading – when applied to bare skin or unfixed foundation.
It had ample color coverage, which may be a plus for some, but the blush formula should be buildable and some care was required to achieve this result. The color showed signs of fading after eight hours of wear.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- ColourPop Whistle While You work (LE, $ 8.00) shimmers less (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flush (P, $ 60.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Whimsy (LE, $ 29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, and cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Flush (P, $ 29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, and cooler (90% similar).
- Colored Raine Damage Control (LE,) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Surreal (LE, $ 29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, and cooler (90% similar).
- Burberry First Love (LE, $ 68.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Temper (-,) is less shimmering, lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Pop (LE, USD 29.00) shimmers less (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Pink (PiP) is less shimmery, darker and warmer (85% similar).
$ 8.00 / 0.13 oz. – – $ 61.54 per ounce
The formula is said to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy blush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to the desired intensity”. It is a light to moderately powdery powder red with a semi-transparent to semi-opaque, buildable color scheme. The consistency feels drier and thinner, and while it feels silky, I’ve found that it can be difficult to evenly distribute the type of powder red on the skin, depending on your skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin / base, the better the formula would mix, but natural oils or slip caused an uneven blush and were difficult to fade out. The wear and tear averaged between seven and eight hours for me.
Search all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, magnesium stearate, zinc stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, synthetic fluorophlogopite, distarch phosphate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrolysed theobromo cocoa seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, tcrylene, tyrosmumyl acetate, octocrylene, butyrosmyl oxychloride, 3, octocrylene, quoxymyl acetate, hexocrylene, 6, hexocrylene, octocrylene, quoxymyl oxychloride 77 Iron oxides (ci 77492), mica (ci 77019), red lake 28 (ci 45410), red lake 40 (ci 16035), red lake 7 (ci 15850), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are available from the brand (or distributor) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, on the ingredients list for the product you are purchasing or on the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date list of ingredients.