Clinique Ruby Pop (05) Cheek Pop PearlClinique Ruby Pop (05) Cheek Pop Pearl ($ 26.50 for 0.12 oz.) Is a medium dark pink coral with soft, warm undertones and a bright finish. The texture was smooth, moderately dense, and felt a little firmer, as I’d expected from a gel-powder-based formula, but it was more pliable to a brush than the original Cheek Pop formula, so some may find it easier to use in total.
It had medium to semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation that was a little more than marketed, that was easy to pick up with a brush, transferred well and beautifully blended with little effort. This shade “melted” wonderfully on my skin for a seamless look with a faint sheen. It stayed on nicely for nine hours before visibly fading.
CONTINUE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Ciate Matchmaker (P, $ 26.00) is shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Dusty Rose (P, $ 28.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Nude Venus (P, $ 38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Universal Peach (P, $ 24.00) is shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Clinique Peach Pop (02) (P, $ 21.00) is shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ILIA Temptation (P, $ 32.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Sweet Sweet Fantasy (LE, $ 24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Patrick Ta She’s Passionate (P, $ 32.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Shell Out (LE, $ 8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop My Sun and Stars (P, $ 8.00) is shimmery, brighter, brighter (80% similar).
$ 26.50 / 0.12 oz. – $ 220.83 per ounce
The formula is said to have a “buildable watercolor payout” with a “silky smooth” texture that lasts “10 hours”. The formula feels like a gel-powder hybrid, so it is firmer, denser in the pan, but not powdery and extremely miscible. It melted easily on the skin after it was applied and buffed, although the original formula (with one touch) seemed brighter and more seamless.
The updated Cheek Pop formula seemed more pliable, allowing me to use a lighter hand or less dense brush than I would have used with the original series.
The updated formula also seemed to do more justice to the buildable claim than the original formula, as most shades of color in one layer had medium coverage, but built up well if desired. They lasted between eight and nine hours with me before they faded slightly.
Browse all of our Clinique Cheek Pop Pearl swatches.
Synthetic Fluorophlogopite, Hdi / Trimethylol Hexyllacton Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Squalane, Dicalcium Phosphate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Dimethicone, Lauroyl-Lysine Oxide 1,2, Penterylate, Lauroyl-Lysin-Oxide 1,2, Penterylate -Di-T-butyl-hydroxyhydrocinnamate, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Red 34 Lake (Ci 15880), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Copper Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Red 21 (Ci 45380), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Orange 5 (Ci 45370)]
Disclaimer: The ingredient lists are available from the brand (or retailer) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, the applicable ingredients list for the product you purchased, or the brand or retailer website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.